large format additive + subtractive manufacturing
Introducing our in-house, robotic on-demand hybrid manufacturing capability. DARTH 3XTRUDER has large format additive (printing) and subtractive (milling) capability. With 6 axis of rotation, the possibilities for creation are endless. Contact us today to see how we can localize your manufacturing needs.
Volume (5 x 10 x 6ft) - Up to 150lbs of material printing / hour
Volume (5 x 10 x 6ft) - Printed Polymers, Metal, Wood. "A" surface quality finish.
- Most Common: CF-ABS (20% Chopped Carbon Fiber Infill mixed with Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) (Recycled Available)
- We work with our material suppliers to ensure we use the right material for your project requirements. Custom materials can be created to match colors or preferred performance.
Printed components, furniture, interiors, wet layup tooling, autoclave tooling, subframes, trailers, jigs and fixtures, concrete forms, structural components, sculptures. Let us design a hybrid manufacturing process for your product!
Composite Lay-up Tooling Example CAD
Hybrid Part: Milled 'A' surface highlighted in blue.
Small + Medium Format Additive Manufacturing
Great for: scale prototyping, small scale end use parts, highly detailed designs, molds, casts.
fused deposition modeling
- Medium : 17.5 x 17.5 x 18.5 inches*
- Small: 8.9 X 5.8 X 5.9 inches
- PLA (Sustainable & Recommended) ($0.04/g)
- ABS (High Strength / High Temp Applications)
- TPU (Flexible / Non Flexible)*
- Nylon (Virgin / Recycled)*
- Composites (Wood, Carbon, etc.)*
- Custom Order* (If you have a specific material you would like to print with please contact us for further investigation)
- Black / White (Standard) (Red, Blue, Green, Pink, Orange)
- Custom Order Possible (Please contact us)*
- 0.4mm Nozzle (Standard Medium to High Resolution)
- 0.8mm Nozzle (Low Resolution, Much Faster Print)
- $2/h of print time + material cost (PLA @ $0.04/g)
- $4/h of print time + material cost (PLA @ $0.04/g)
Print time depends on layer resolution, infill percentage, model complexity, support material and size of printer required. You can let us know your print requirements or we can recommend the best settings for your part.
*Possible Extra Charge
Formlabs Form 2 Printer
- 5.7 × 5.7 × 6.9 inches (145 × 145 × 175 mm)
- Standard Prototyping Clear Resin
- Prototyping Flexible Resin
- Custom order available please contact us & visit Formlabs website to view alternative materials. Lead times will vary.
100 microns (Fine)
50 microns (Super Fine)
25 microns (Ultra Fine)
For Standard Clear Resin:
- $2/h of print time + $0.8/ml of Resin
All other resins require custom quote/inquiry.
Print time depends on layer Resolution, infill percentage, model complexity, support material and size of printer required. You can let us know your print requirements or we can recommend the best settings for your part.